Category Archives: InnovativeCurriculum
I came across this Website from University of California where they share many great resources for high school teachers and students. These courses are intended to supplement a teachers instructional delivery in traditional courses and help students better learn the subject matter. The courses offered include:
In addition to these open courses, this Website also offer virtual labs on AP Biology and AP Environmental Science.
Open educational resources are educational materials and resources offered freely and openly for anyone to use and under some licenses to re-mix, improve and redistribute. Open educational resources include:
- Learning content: full courses, course materials, content modules, learning objects, collections, and journals.
- Tools: Software to support the creation, delivery, use and improvement of open learning content including searching and organization of content, content and learning management systems, content development tools, and on-line learning communities.
- Implementation resources: Intellectual property licenses to promote open publishing of materials, design-principles, and localization of content.
Here is a list of Websites that you can use to find OERs.
- MIT OpenCourseWare
- CoSN K-12 Open Technologies Leadership Initiative
- Creative Commons
- Project Gutenberg
- Open Yale Courses
- The OpenLearn – from Open University, UK
- Open Learning Initiative- Carnegie Mellon University
- 150 Free Textbooks: A Meta Collection
- The Harvard Extension School’s Open Learning Initiative
- Podcasts and Webcasts of UC Berkeley
- Stanford Engineering Everywhere (SEE)
- Stanford Mini Med School