Open Educational Resources(OER)
Open educational resources are educational materials and resources offered freely and openly for anyone to use and under some licenses to re-mix, improve and redistribute. Open educational resources include:
- Learning content: full courses, course materials, content modules, learning objects, collections, and journals.
- Tools: Software to support the creation, delivery, use and improvement of open learning content including searching and organization of content, content and learning management systems, content development tools, and on-line learning communities.
- Implementation resources: Intellectual property licenses to promote open publishing of materials, design-principles, and localization of content.
Here is a list of Websites that you can use to find OERs.
- MIT OpenCourseWare
- CoSN K-12 Open Technologies Leadership Initiative
- Creative Commons
- Project Gutenberg
- Open Yale Courses
- The OpenLearn – from Open University, UK
- Open Learning Initiative- Carnegie Mellon University
- 150 Free Textbooks: A Meta Collection
- The Harvard Extension School’s Open Learning Initiative
- Podcasts and Webcasts of UC Berkeley
- Stanford Engineering Everywhere (SEE)
- Stanford Mini Med School